We are committed to making a significant contribution to the quality of community life. To do this, we put much effort into empowering our people and developing our culture through our values. We love people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences and who love to laugh and smile while at work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Maintenance Coordinator to join our friendly team. Whether you are looking to start a career in this field; wanting to make a career change into something new; or you have strong experience in this field already and looking for a change, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! The successful candidate will be trained in all areas of the role including compliance, contractor management and administration, all we need from you is a passion for hands-on maintenance and repair work; an enthusiasm for learning; and some background experience in using tools. Our amazing group of leaders will give you all the training, mentoring and guidance you will need to be successful in this role.
The successful candidate will be motivated, committed to the highest quality standards, and able to multi-task with pace and expediency. You will be able to share your ideas, liaise with the team, suppliers and leaders in a personable manner and be excited about working across a diverse, customer-oriented facility.
The successful candidate will be required to work at multiple sites under the Mingara Leisure Group, currently Springwood Sports Club and Lantern Club, with the potential to expand to other clubs in the area. Lantern Club is based in Roselands and is a boutique-style club with amazing facilities and an inviting atmosphere. Springwood Sports Club is based in Springwood (Blue Mountains) and is a warm, welcoming, newly renovated club focusing on gathering together community, friends and family. Our Clubs aim to be the preferred community choice for entertainment, leisure and recreation.
The Role - we are willing to train the right candidate to be able to perform all these duties and more!
- General Maintenance and Repairs: handling the day-to-day maintenance and repair work on site which could be anything from changing a light bulb, fixing a chair, or a leaky tap or a broken cool room
- Contractor coordination: liaising with, inducting and monitoring external contractors conducting maintenance/repair work
- Compliance: identifying and reporting any workplace hazards or security discrepancies ensuring legislative compliance
- Budgets: prepare and monitor the property budget for each site and process invoices timeously and according to procedures
- Be on call for advice on emergencies as required after hours
- Project work when required
As we are in the hospitality industry, the successful candidate needs to be flexible to work 38 hours a week ideally Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend where required. Additional hours might be needed from time to time if there are important projects underway on site. It is also important you can perform unsupervised within a team environment. As no two days are the same, you will be versatile and adaptable, and willing to tackle each new job with a smile and can-do attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- Some experience in the use of power tools
- Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A can-do attitude with a high level of personal presentation & communication.
- A strong desire to expand your knowledge and constantly improve your skill set.
- Computer literacy
- This is a hands-on position so the ability to coordinate and carry out maintenance with minimal impact to the business is a must
Other desirable knowledge includes:
- Budget Management
- Patch & repair knowledge
All our employees benefit from working at our destination. These include:
- Discounted Club membership
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A generous scholarship program to help employees achieve their set goals
- Discounted access to our food outlets